Virabhadrasana (Veera-baad-r-asana) or Warrior 2 Pose can be practiced for all level of practitioners and is a great pose for beginners. It is an iconic standing yoga pose and embodies strength and stamina.
How to Get Into The Pose
Keep the front bend knee in a 90 degree angle, the back leg straight and activated, the torso vertical, descending the hips down, the chest open and the arms in straight line. Bring fierceness into this pose but keep the gaze soft, looking towards the front middle finger. Balancing effort and ease in this asana that works on our third chakra manipura, increasing personal strenght and willpower.
Benefits of Warrior II Pose:
- Strengthens and stretches your legs, ankles and feet
- Improves flexibility of knee and hip joints
- Helps relieve backaches
- Helps in the treatment of a prolapsed or slipped disc
- Stretches your hips, groins and shoulders
- Reduces fat around the waist
- Opens your chest and lungs
- Builds stamina and concentration
- Energizes tired limbs
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Therapeutic for flat fleet, sciatica, osteoporosis, carpal tunnel and infertility
- Develops balance and stability
- Reduces stiffness in your neck and shoulders
- Improves circulation and respiration
- Enhances breathing capacity by expanding the chest
Abhinam Yoga is one of the best yoga school in India, if one wants to practice injury free. Their 200 hrs Yoga Teacher Training in India is one of the most popular YTTC in the country.